Security software developers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, security software developers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 37% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy security software developers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are security software developers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do security software developers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as security software developers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are security software developer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are security software developers making the best use of their abilities?