Ship engineers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, ship engineers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy ship engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Freight and cargo inspector||3.1||$76k|
|Industrial engineering technician||2.9||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are ship engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do ship engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as ship engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are ship engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are ship engineers making the best use of their abilities?