Software quality assurance engineers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, software quality assurance engineers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 34% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy software quality assurance engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Computer systems administrator||3.1||$75k|
|Search engine optimization specialist||3.1||$39k|
|Computer systems analyst||3.0||$79k|
|Software quality assurance engineer||3.0||$90k|
|Search engine marketing specialist||3.0||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are software quality assurance engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do software quality assurance engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as software quality assurance engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are software quality assurance engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are software quality assurance engineers making the best use of their abilities?
Are software quality assurance engineers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a software quality assurance engineer. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.