Street vendors are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, street vendors rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 22% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy street vendors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Public relations specialist||3.0||$61k|
|Market research analyst||2.9||$63k|
|Pharmaceutical sales representative||2.8||$82k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are street vendors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do street vendors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as street vendors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are street vendor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are street vendors making the best use of their abilities?