Surgeons are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, surgeons rate their career happiness 4.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 2% of careers.
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are surgeons happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do surgeons find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as surgeons?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are surgeon’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are surgeons making the best use of their abilities?