Urban planners are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, urban planners rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy urban planners are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are urban planners happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do urban planners find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as urban planners?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are urban planner’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are urban planners making the best use of their abilities?