Vehicle cleaners are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, vehicle cleaners rate their career happiness 2.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 3% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy vehicle cleaners are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Host and hostess||2.5||$22k|
|Postal service worker||2.4||$39k|
|Postal service clerk||2.3||$44k|
|Customer service representative||2.3||$29k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are vehicle cleaners happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do vehicle cleaners find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as vehicle cleaners?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are vehicle cleaner’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are vehicle cleaners making the best use of their abilities?