Water transport workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, water transport workers rate their career happiness 2.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 1% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy water transport workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cargo and freight agent||2.7||$44k|
|Delivery service driver||2.6||$31k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are water transport workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do water transport workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as water transport workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are water transport worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are water transport workers making the best use of their abilities?