Agricultural and food science technicians are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, agricultural and food science technicians rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 25% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy agricultural and food science technicians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Grain elevator worker||3.2||$35k|
|Soil and water conservationist||3.2||$63k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are agricultural and food science technicians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do agricultural and food science technicians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as agricultural and food science technicians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are agricultural and food science technician’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are agricultural and food science technicians making the best use of their abilities?