The average salary for an audiologist in the United States is around $75,920 per year.
This is 12% above the national average. Updated in 2017.
Audiologists earn an average yearly salary of $75,920. Wages typically start from $51,300 and go up to $111,150.
Audiologist earnings by seniority
Approximate values based on highest and lowest earning segments.
Audiologist salary by state
|State Name||Average Salary|
|District of Columbia||$106,230|
How much does an Audiologist earn?
An audiologist's salary depends on his or her professional qualifications and level of specialized skills. It also depends on geographical location and work setting such as clinics, hospitals and schools.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) conducted a survey of audiologists in the fall of 2014 - the data was gathered from 1,811 audiologists who responded to the 2014 Audiology Survey. The highlights were:
- 72% of the audiologists worked for an annual salary
- the median salary was $69,000 for audiologists who worked nine or ten months (academic year) and $75,000 for those who worked 11 or 12 months (calendar year)
- the median salary was $65,053 for those with one to three years of experience
- the median calendar year salary was $72,000 for clinical service providers, $76,000 for university faculty and clinical educators, and $100,465 for administrators
- the median salary was $75,000 for those with a master’s degree, $73,000 with an AuD, and $107,574 with a PhD
- the median salary was $74,000 for women and $84,563 for men
- the median salary was $90,050 for those in California
- the median salary was $72,763 for those in suburban areas
- the median salary was $78,439 for private practice owners
How do audiologist salaries compare to similar careers?
|Speech language pathologist salary||$65K|
|Radiation therapist salary||$81K|
|Health services manager salary||$71K|
|Clinical psychologist salary||$75K|
|Counseling psychologist salary||$75K|
|Genetic counselor salary||$77K|
|Nuclear medicine technologist salary||$76K|
|Physical therapist salary||$69K|