Auditors are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, auditors rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy auditors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Bill and account collector||2.2||$38k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are auditors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do auditors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as auditors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are auditor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are auditors making the best use of their abilities?