Biochemical engineers rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, biochemical engineers rate their career happiness 3.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 31% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy biochemical engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Natural sciences manager||3.4||$129k|
|Wind energy engineer||3.4||$99k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are biochemical engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do biochemical engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as biochemical engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are biochemical engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are biochemical engineers making the best use of their abilities?