Boilermakers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, boilermakers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 28% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy boilermakers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Sewing machine operator||3.0||$26k|
|Oil and gas rotary drill operator||2.9||$55k|
|Quarry rock splitter||2.9||$36k|
|Water treatment plant operator||2.9||$48k|
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are boilermakers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do boilermakers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as boilermakers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are boilermaker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are boilermakers making the best use of their abilities?