Business analysts are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, business analysts rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy business analysts are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are business analysts happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do business analysts find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as business analysts?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are business analyst’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are business analysts making the best use of their abilities?