CEOs are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, CEOs rate their career happiness 4.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy CEOs are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are CEOs happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do CEOs find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as CEOs?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are CEO’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are CEOs making the best use of their abilities?