Comedians are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, comedians rate their career happiness 4.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 4% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy comedians are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are comedians happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do comedians find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as comedians?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are comedian’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are comedians making the best use of their abilities?