Consultants are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, consultants rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 50% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy consultants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Financial quantitative analyst||3.3||$70k|
|Investment fund manager||3.2||$107k|
|Search marketing strategist||3.2||$90k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are consultants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do consultants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as consultants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are consultant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are consultants making the best use of their abilities?