Controllers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, controllers rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 21% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy controllers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Customer success manager||2.9||$46k|
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
|Quality assurance analyst||2.8||$41k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are controllers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do controllers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as controllers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are controller’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are controllers making the best use of their abilities?