Costume designers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, costume designers rate their career happiness 4.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 11% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy costume designers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are costume designers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do costume designers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as costume designers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are costume designer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are costume designers making the best use of their abilities?