Counseling psychologists rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, counseling psychologists rate their career happiness 3.6 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 22% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy counseling psychologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are counseling psychologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do counseling psychologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as counseling psychologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are counseling psychologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are counseling psychologists making the best use of their abilities?