Data analysts are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, data analysts rate their career happiness 2.9 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 22% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy data analysts are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are data analysts happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do data analysts find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as data analysts?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are data analyst’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are data analysts making the best use of their abilities?