Disaster recovery specialists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, disaster recovery specialists rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 44% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy disaster recovery specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Broadcast and sound engineering technician||3.3||$41k|
|Computer and information research scientist||3.3||$118k|
|Non-Destructive testing specialist||3.3||$63k|
|Disaster recovery specialist||3.3||$41k|
|Geospatial information scientist||3.3||$90k|
|Computer repair technician||3.3||$47k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are disaster recovery specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do disaster recovery specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as disaster recovery specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are disaster recovery specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are disaster recovery specialists making the best use of their abilities?