Financial managers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, financial managers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 30% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy financial managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are financial managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do financial managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as financial managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are financial manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are financial managers making the best use of their abilities?