Flight attendants are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, flight attendants rate their career happiness 3.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy flight attendants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Air traffic controller||3.3||$115k|
|Transit police officer||3.2||$72k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are flight attendants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do flight attendants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as flight attendants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are flight attendant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are flight attendants making the best use of their abilities?