Fork lift operators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, fork lift operators rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 5% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy fork lift operators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Drywall and ceiling tile installer||2.6||$41k|
|Fork lift operator||2.5||$35k|
|Petroleum pump system operator||2.3||$74k|
|Drill press operator||2.3||$39k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are fork lift operators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do fork lift operators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as fork lift operators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are fork lift operator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are fork lift operators making the best use of their abilities?