Healthcare social workers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, healthcare social workers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 14% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy healthcare social workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$72k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$56k|
|Medical records technician||2.7||$40k|
|Speech language pathologist||2.7||$78k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are healthcare social workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do healthcare social workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as healthcare social workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are healthcare social worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are healthcare social workers making the best use of their abilities?
Are healthcare social workers happy with their salary?
Get access to our full career encyclopedia
Get the full picture of what it's like to be a healthcare social worker. Learn more about their work environment, how happy they are on the job, and their unique personality with CareerExplorer Premium.