High school teachers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, high school teachers rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 35% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy high school teachers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Distance learning coordinator||3.2||$85k|
|High school teacher||3.0||$59k|
|Elementary school teacher||2.9||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are high school teachers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do high school teachers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as high school teachers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are high school teacher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are high school teachers making the best use of their abilities?