Insurance sales agents are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, insurance sales agents rate their career happiness 2.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 2% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy insurance sales agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Postal service clerk||2.3||$44k|
|Customer service representative||2.3||$29k|
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are insurance sales agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do insurance sales agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as insurance sales agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are insurance sales agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are insurance sales agents making the best use of their abilities?