Investment bankers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, investment bankers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 9% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy investment bankers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are investment bankers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do investment bankers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as investment bankers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are investment banker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are investment bankers making the best use of their abilities?