IT managers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, IT managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 43% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy IT managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Audio and video equipment technician||3.2||$46k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are IT managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do IT managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as IT managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are IT manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are IT managers making the best use of their abilities?