IT support specialists are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, IT support specialists rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy IT support specialists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are IT support specialists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do IT support specialists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as IT support specialists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are IT support specialist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are IT support specialists making the best use of their abilities?