Legal secretaries are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, legal secretaries rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 12% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy legal secretaries are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Judicial law clerk||3.0||$54k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are legal secretaries happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do legal secretaries find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as legal secretaries?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are legal secretary’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are legal secretaries making the best use of their abilities?