Licensed practical nurses are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, licensed practical nurses rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 17% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy licensed practical nurses are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Cardiovascular technologist and technician||2.9||$58k|
|Orthotist and prosthetist||2.9||$68k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are licensed practical nurses happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do licensed practical nurses find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as licensed practical nurses?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are licensed practical nurse’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are licensed practical nurses making the best use of their abilities?