Loan officers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, loan officers rate their career happiness 2.5 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 5% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy loan officers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Bill and account collector||2.2||$38k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are loan officers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do loan officers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as loan officers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are loan officer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are loan officers making the best use of their abilities?