Logging workers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, logging workers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 39% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy logging workers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Power plant operator||3.0||$82k|
|Sewing machine operator||3.0||$26k|
|Oil and gas rotary drill operator||2.9||$55k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are logging workers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do logging workers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as logging workers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are logging worker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are logging workers making the best use of their abilities?