Medical administrative assistants are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical administrative assistants rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical administrative assistants are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
|Medical administrative assistant||2.8||$27k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical administrative assistants happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical administrative assistants find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical administrative assistants?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical administrative assistant’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical administrative assistants making the best use of their abilities?