Medical secretaries are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical secretaries rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical secretaries are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Family social worker||2.8||$42k|
|Licensed practical nurse||2.8||$45k|
|Clinical nurse specialist||2.8||$73k|
|Healthcare social worker||2.8||$57k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical secretaries happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical secretaries find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical secretaries?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical secretary’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical secretaries making the best use of their abilities?