Medical transcriptionists are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, medical transcriptionists rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 32% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy medical transcriptionists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Health services manager||3.0||$100k|
|Occupational therapist assistant||3.0||$51k|
|Diagnostic medical sonographer||3.0||$74k|
|Hearing aid specialist||2.9||$53k|
|Medical appliance technician||2.9||$41k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are medical transcriptionists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do medical transcriptionists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as medical transcriptionists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are medical transcriptionist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are medical transcriptionists making the best use of their abilities?