Music teachers are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, music teachers rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 48% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy music teachers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Childcare program administrator||3.2||$47k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are music teachers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do music teachers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as music teachers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are music teacher’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are music teachers making the best use of their abilities?