News anchors rate their happiness above average.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, news anchors rate their career happiness 3.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 20% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy news anchors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are news anchors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do news anchors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as news anchors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are news anchor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are news anchors making the best use of their abilities?