Otolaryngologists are about average in terms of happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, otolaryngologists rate their career happiness 3.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 47% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy otolaryngologists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are otolaryngologists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do otolaryngologists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as otolaryngologists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are otolaryngologist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are otolaryngologists making the best use of their abilities?