Particle physicists are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, particle physicists rate their career happiness 3.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 14% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy particle physicists are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Forest and conservation worker||3.7||$30k|
|Climate change analyst||3.6||$71k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are particle physicists happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do particle physicists find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as particle physicists?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are particle physicist’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are particle physicists making the best use of their abilities?