Petroleum pump system operators are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, petroleum pump system operators rate their career happiness 2.3 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 3% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy petroleum pump system operators are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Fork lift operator||2.5||$35k|
|Petroleum pump system operator||2.3||$74k|
|Drill press operator||2.3||$39k|
|Molding and casting worker||2.3||$34k|
|Dyeing machine operator||2.2||$29k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are petroleum pump system operators happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do petroleum pump system operators find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as petroleum pump system operators?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are petroleum pump system operator’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are petroleum pump system operators making the best use of their abilities?