Revenue agents are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, revenue agents rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 10% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy revenue agents are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Securities and commodities broker||2.7||$62k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are revenue agents happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do revenue agents find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as revenue agents?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are revenue agent’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are revenue agents making the best use of their abilities?