Sales engineers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, sales engineers rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 19% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy sales engineers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Operations research analyst||2.9||$85k|
|Industrial production manager||2.8||$98k|
|Risk management specialist||2.8||$70k|
|Supply chain manager||2.8||$107k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are sales engineers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do sales engineers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as sales engineers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are sales engineer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are sales engineers making the best use of their abilities?