Surveyors are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, surveyors rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 20% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy surveyors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Tile and marble setter||2.8||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are surveyors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do surveyors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as surveyors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are surveyor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are surveyors making the best use of their abilities?