Telemarketers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, telemarketers rate their career happiness 1.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the None.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy telemarketers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Insurance sales agent||2.3||$43k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are telemarketers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do telemarketers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as telemarketers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are telemarketer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are telemarketers making the best use of their abilities?