Transportation planners are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, transportation planners rate their career happiness 2.8 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 15% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy transportation planners are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Highway maintenance worker||2.8||$41k|
|Rail transportation worker||2.8||$49k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are transportation planners happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do transportation planners find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as transportation planners?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are transportation planner’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are transportation planners making the best use of their abilities?