Actors are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, actors rate their career happiness 4.2 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 3% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy actors are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are actors happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do actors find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as actors?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are actor’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are actors making the best use of their abilities?