Bakers are below average when it comes to happiness.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, bakers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 37% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy bakers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Food science technologist||3.1||$69k|
|Registered dietitian nutritionist||2.9||$61k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are bakers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do bakers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as bakers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are baker’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are bakers making the best use of their abilities?